Saturday 8 February 2014

More in Metal

A few days ago I posted the `Spiderman in Metal' pics (http://socklet-world.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/spiderman-in-metal.html ) and said I had done work on thin metal sheets many years ago but not recently.

Well, when I investigated the damage to the little old shed at the end of the garden (which used to be a club-house for daughter many moons ago but has become a leaky dumping ground due for demolition). I found one of the things I had made dangling from the roof in a creepy abandoned kind of way. 

So I brought it in to show you.


It uses the thicker brass sheet I used for the robot arms and legs (http://socklet-world.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/more-robots.html ), cut with scissors and fixed together with melted 'Friendly Plastic'. A coil of soft metal wire makes the body and antennae, also pressed into the Friendly Plastic while it's still hot and pliable. It looks more moth-like than butterfly due to its lack of colour, but I find all that kind of fluttery family slightly more creepy than beautiful when viewed close to.

Have I showed you any stuff made with Friendly Plastic? I don't think so. I'll have to hunt it out and see what I have left. Much of it was made for craft fairs or as presents. If you can't wait, you could always type the name into Google images and see what other people have made with it. Come to think of it, that's what I'm going to do right now!

Update!!! 
Have just been to Google images but you get much better stuff if you look it up on Flickr- the photo sharing site. Oooh, I want to try it all over again now, or just wallow in everyone else's creativity   = )

No comments:

Post a Comment