Wednesday 12 February 2014

Jack Sparrow and Friendly Plastic

I know what you're thinking... this woman is obsessed with Jack Sparrow and seems to craft something Pirate-related in every different type of craft material... so where is the Jack-related Friendly Plastic???

Fear Not!             It's here!

My daughter bought me back a pirate medallion like the one Elizabeth Swann takes from the boy Will Turner and is a piece of the gold from the Isle de Muerta. She (daughter not Miss Swann) was on a school trip to Paris which took in a visit to Euro Disney and she thought it would make the perfect present for her mother (she knows me so well!).

  I had some moulding putty so I made a cast of it. Moulding putty mixes a blue part with a white part and is a flexible piece of silicone plastic that you can push things into. When it has hardened (10 - 12 minutes) you tip the object out and have a fabulous silicone mould which can be used over and over again... for plaster of Paris, soap, chocolate, Sculpey (but don't use it for edible things after using Sculpey or Fimo in it!) or Friendly Plastic.


I used Friendly Plastic and this was the result.


The little black talisman and fish were made in a similar way. The moulding stuff is not cheap (about £25) but does make lots of moulds.

And this concludes the Friendly Plastic Gallery (unless I find any of the little mirrors in the future). 

No comments:

Post a Comment