Saturday 14 December 2013

Marmarati Gathering

Today I went up to London to the house of a lovely couple family for a small Marmarati Gathering.


I've never been to one before but proudly wore my badge and accompanied my equally Marmite-obsessed husband (who is an old hand at these events) to a delightful afternoon of marmitey snacks and chat.

There were several other members there of the Marmarati club, like the Literati and the Glitterati but with a more Marmitey flavour, and the most amazing food HAD to be the Marmite fudge. We were given some to take home for our daughter (also a member) who tasted it and declared "I feel like I shouldn't like it...but I do!" which about sums up the weird combination of flavours.

Many thanks to the kind welcoming people I met and especially for the gift of a South African-labelled Marmite (like a spot the diffrce game) to add to the collection (see top of the Christmas tree of Marmite jars above).

For followers of the Who-vent calendar here are yesterday and today's monsters, repeat versions of earlier doors already opened, so I have funked up the angel image for fun!


 Merry Advent!

No comments:

Post a Comment