Wednesday 15 April 2015

Magic Beans

My son, who has Autism, stopped listening to anything that mentioned magic when he asked if we had real magic beans on our planet and I said no it is pretend, just a story. From then on he felt betrayed by our planet, which could not produce everything he wanted by wishing, climbing a beanstalk and running off with whatever you fancied or even rocket boots!

However, when I went to the end of our garden, to what I laughingly call the allotment patch, I found these...

 
They had planted themselves from the left over, unattended plot from the year before and used the same sticks, still standing resolutely in the same spot. They had cropped unnoticed (it's a very long garden and I never really got down to doing anything about that bit last year, including re-roofing the collapsing shed) and held on to their little prizes all winter for me to find this spring.
 
And here they are...
 
 

 They look like magic beans to me. I didn't even plant them, they just dropped off the year before's crop and looked after themselves. That's magic! So by way of recognition for their efforts, I have dug the plot and planted them properly this year (in a new spot...  I remember lessons on crop rotation when I was at school... that shows my age) !!  Pictures will follow at intervals when there is anything to see.

Also coming up in this blog will be... Doctor Who Airfix kits, making Mario hats, weird creepy scenes of Brighton at night and much, much more. Stay tuned  = )

No comments:

Post a Comment