Saturday 30 August 2014

Need For Tweed 2

Quite a while ago I showed you a lovely big piece of tweed fabric I had picked up in a charity shop for  a small amount of money... knew I wanted to do something with it but had no idea what. I said I'd keep you posted if it got used at all (http://socklet-world.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/need-for-tweed_22.html ).

Well here is the first result of my efforts: Frogs!


There's a little of the personality of Beaker from Sesame Street/ Muppets about the frog on the left.


I can imagine these two sitting down their local pub of a lunchtime, the larger one holding forth about the state of the world today and the smaller companion hardly daring to venture an opinion.

The wrinkly fabric of the top of the head is the lining from an old anorak from a charity shop and, although you can't really see it, they both have a mouth pouch, which in other fabric frogs I make, my husband fills with styluses (styli?) at drawing conventions.

No comments:

Post a Comment