Saturday 5 December 2015

Shaped wooden Letters

I saw these at a local Hobbycraft store and asked for a set for my birthday, which I then crafted up like a cross between a configuration box (as Tim Holtz calls them when he makes/ sells them) and a 3D scrapbook of our holiday in Dorset this year.


They are made out of very thin wood- like the little round boxes you sometimes get Camembert in and, if you are like me, wonder what you can do with afterwards, keep them for a while and then give up and get rid of them 'cos you can't think of anything!

 
I arranged the collage objects I had hoarded over the years that seemed to fit the theme of each letter and added the things I had bought or collected on holiday and then painted up the backgrounds to match the themes I had chosen.
 
The letters spelt HOLIDAY so I tried to theme them so that the contents matched a word beginning with that letter if possible, but not stretch a point too far.
 
H for harbour
                 O was the steam railway
        L was Corfe castle
              I was Brownsea Island
      D was Dorchester
A was arcade 
  Y was shopping
 
I'll post the results of the collaging sessions soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment