Wednesday 30 December 2015

Christmas Dioramas

I didn't know there was a posh name for them. I just thought I was making a scene in a box but NO, get me! I have been making DIORAMAS!!! That makes them sound like dramatic statements of art!

Enough exclamation marks. Here are the little Christmas scenes in boxes.


The frames are craft ones you can buy in places like the Range in Britain, either made of thick card or thin wood, already papered but they can easily be painted over.

 
The figures in the first two are from the box of junk china figures I bought from the French Flea market 2 years ago. They were a very mixed lot with Disney through to national and international figures, job related and historical oddments - none valuable but all fascinating to me as they were unlike stuff in our junk places. I made an entire crib set with the full set of figures last year so this was a chance to use up the oddments this year, rather than just play with them against backgrounds like I did last time. http://socklet-world.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/flea-market-nativity.html


And I have no idea where I got the glass snowmen from as I have had them forever. These all went out into the world as Christmas presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment