Monday 14 December 2015

Lego Brick Cake

Husband has recently got into Lego (architecture mostly) as a way to chill and unwind so I thought I's try a Lego brick-shaped cake for his birthday.


So I cooked a square cake and then an extra piece that I could cut circles out of.
 
Used jam to stick the pieces together and then covered it in royal icing.

 
Being a man who like the colour orange, I painted it orange with a mix of yellow and red food colourings, although having seen the shiny effect, I think it looked better white and not shiny but we live and learn (it made the lettering on top look rather like tinned spaghetti).
 
 
 
And I'm not sure if the colour doesn't give the raised circles a slight boob-effect... however, it worked as a brick cake.
 
Happy Birthday!



No comments:

Post a Comment