Monday 21 April 2014

Sculpey Eggs - Millefiori style

Is that how you spell it? The style of making a pattern, usually with glass I think, then rolling it out really small into a long rod where the pattern goes all the way through (like words in a stick of rock at the seaside) and then cutting it into thin pieces and making  a tiny repeating pattern from it.

For the real version, check out Google images, or for my Eastery version, check out here


They were real hens eggs,boiled for about 30  minutes because I'd read that they would last forever after that and not go mouldy. Apparently what was left inside would gradually get smaller and harder till it was about the size of a marble (not that the author knew I was going to use Sculpey but that was the principle for traditional egg decorating.


I gave these away to family at Easter about 5 or 6 years ago and only have the photos I took at the time so I can't get more detailed images but I expect you can click them larger by computer magic if you want to.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment