Tuesday 5 November 2013

Tiny Kokeshi

In yesterday's curiosity box there was a Kokeshi doll I had made from the wooden beads from a beaded car seat cover. Every craft obsession I drift into has its season: its mad rush of buying, making and waning. The Kokeshi faze was no different except that it morphed into miniature before it disappeared.

Here are the ones I made from the tiniest wooden beads I could find and still paint. They were strung onto phone charm thread and disappeared quickly at a craft sale in exchange for donations to Challengers ( a local charity which gives play opportunities to children with disabilities).


Christmas craft fair season is fast approaching and my mojo is in slo-mo. Help! I have to come up with some fascinating thing to go overboard on and flood the willing Christmas market with, to generate more donations. Things that kids will want to handle and buy at ridiculously cheap prices because it was more the fun of making than the joy of money.

If I find it, I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment