Thursday 7 November 2013

Fairground Season

Autumn usually feels like the season for fairgrounds, especially around bonfire night: the heady smell of candy floss, burgers and toffee apples mixed in with the noise and grease of machinery. As a child I was petrified of walking through the banks of generators used to power the giants of the site and, being a careful soul, wary of blowing my carefully saved money on a game of chance or two minutes of being at the mercy of the forces of gravity... but my two seem to love it. They rather like the 'out of control' sensation on the rides, the flashing lights and wall of sound. I wanted them to be braver than me in life and it seems I might have succeeded!


This is a fair that came to a local site...


and this a roundabout from the banks of the Thames in London. Somehow it looks creepier in sepia. Ohh what a lovely sentences to say. I think I might have to use that as a blog title when I show you the other pics from this day out in London!

No comments:

Post a Comment