Monday 28 October 2013

In His Head

There are a lot of things our Autistic son won't draw because he wants them done just so and he can't do it himself and still get them to come out exactly the way he wants them. That's when he makes me do them and by lots of questioning, attempts and explaining, I get the job done.

But when it comes to the vehicles from the Tomy Road and Rail set, he has trained himself to draw them to his own satisfaction - thank goodness! And I love the result.


My husband, who is an artist by both trade and leisure, says our son draws in a really weird way, starting in an odd place continuing strangely, so I watched him. I discovered he draws exactly the way I do, starting in the same place I do and following on from there like I do: like I've set the template for how to draw and he applies it.
Does that make me weird... or are we now the majority in our household and therefore the norm!!!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment