Sunday 1 September 2013

Corner of the Garden Cake

My mum-in-law loves gardening and has big plans for a re-structure soon. One corner of her garden has a plethora of pots, mostly sporting luxurious Hostas, some with beautiful little trees or other shrubs that I don't know the names of (as my gardening style is a mixture of 'wild-untended and my Mum's formula of 'chop it and its got 2 chances, hasn't it?'

Anyway...it's her birthday today and this is the cake I made.


The pots are silicone flowerpots from Lakeland that you can bake the cake mixture in, and the standard trees are iced cake-pops baked by my daughter in her dinky little machine.


The red flowers are iced on and the butterflies are from the little pots you can buy to decorate cakes. The walls are just undecorated cake.



Yum and Happy Birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment