Thursday 26 September 2013

Camden House: Ground Floor and Entirety

Here, as promised, is the ground floor with its residents, and the shot of the whole of Camden House. I tried to put this together yesterday but the stupid internet connection was refusing to let me.

 These mice are made out of one whole piece of leather, cut and folded and glued, then made to hold a disc of leather that has been stamped. I LONG to pull them apart to see how they're made but fear I may not get them back together again. I say 'they' cos there's green one too but I can't find the photo.
 The dog creatures look like the one from Georgia Byng's book about Molly Moon, a girl who can hypnotise people...or is it the dog that can do it? I read it too long ago.

The house is a wooden display cabinet from a craft shop that sat in the cupboard under the stairs waiting to be 'the right project' and then its moment came.

I painted it white outside and on the front of shelves, painted the inside walls and floors a sympathetic colour to its occupant, then wallpapered the back walls with bits of scrapbook paper.


And no, my mantelpiece is not that tidy. I cleared it for the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment