Wednesday 17 July 2013

Flip Flops: a sign of summer

Long time no Socklet! 

I don't know how it makes you feel but this, for me, captures that wonderful feeling of hope and excitement at the very start of a holiday: clutching a pair of flip flops and standing at the holiday cottage or hotel, breathing in the fresh air and wondering what the week will bring...

 That wonderful feeling... before sand gets into everything, it rains a lot, the family argue over what to do and you realise its just like home but without all the computer equipment and DVDs to make life easier. Still, every year we start with that same hopeful feeling.

Do you fancy hearing my two flip flop jokes? I pre-warn you they're terrible but I like them...

What do you call a Spanish man selling beach shoes? Ans: Felipe Felop!

What moves along the beach at night going FLOP...FLIP...FLOP...FLIP? Ans: Someone with their flip flops on the wrong feet!

Well don't say I didn't warn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment