Sunday 21 July 2013

Book in a Matchbox

As you've probably guessed by now, mini books are a bit of an obsession for me. Here is one I made during a Big Book Draw event my husband was running: a day where children and adults could just come in off the street and make books of all sorts for free. I was running the Book in a Matchbox session and based it on ANTS!



There was a choice of papers for the front cover, to wrap around three sides and leave the thin side on the right unpapered. If you draw lines on that side from top to bottom, it looks like the pages of a book.

Then we folded a long, thin strip of paper in a zig zag and glued one end into the matchbox, the rest of the book then pulls out to be drawn on and folds back in when finished.
All my pages had a fingerprint or two, made into an ant of some kind...



No comments:

Post a Comment