Tuesday 30 August 2016

The Creepiest Doll in the World?

I like china dolls but I know there are a lot of people out there who find them creepy (including my husband). 

I don't know if its just an intrinsic thing (like fear of spiders) or brought about by watching horror films as a teenager where they come and attack people, but their faces and clothing creep some people out.

So for those of you who don't like them... don't look!


She is at Pollock's Toy Theatre Museum in London: an odd place I have loved since childhood but not visited for years, until this summer. The museum is small, cramped, the flooring topsy turvey and staircases thin, but it is jam-packed with old toys from hundreds of years ago up to He-Man of the 1980s.

The building interiors look like something out of a film set and often there is no one else in the place, but if you like old toy theatres like this


or dolls houses like these



or toy forts like this


like to see exotic toys from other cultures or (like my friend and I in our 50's) enjoy saying "Oh I used to have one of those!" , then this is the place for you.

If you prefer your museums big, shiny, interactive or free - its not your kind of place.

But if you like the small, curious, left behind and weird in London... pay them a visit!

And did I Prisma her? You bet I did!



No comments:

Post a Comment