Wednesday 3 August 2016

Fairy Gardens

Building a fairy garden is something I have planned to do since my daughter was little but never quite got around to. Now she is grown up and about to move out, we thought we'd better get on with it... so here are the first steps taken.




A dismantled beaded car seat was given to me years ago as a challenge "See what you can do with that" (initially Kokeshi dolls - somewhere in the blog past). What I had not managed to use was the long dark wooden beads till I looked up fairy gardens online and saw rope ladders to help gnomes get up into flower pots.




After that it was all systems go with a wooden bridge to get from one pot to another without jumping and risking a fall...



A little tea party until full.




Then a hammock for the portly little gentlemen to rest among the blueberry stems and sleep it off.

Here are the items before hanging





No comments:

Post a Comment