Tuesday 10 May 2016

From Tiny Bird-houses...

These were in The Range as crafty bird-house replicas (as they are MUCH too small for real birds to be in) so I bought some for my friend for her birthday.


You can see the size from the 50p coin next to them. There were four different sorts so I got one of each. 
I cut the front out of them all with a sharp craft knife: the wood is quite soft.


Now they look like little people/ creature houses, which was my purpose behind them as my friend makes little crocheted creatures, mostly Hambals (see https://www.facebook.com/HambalsAndFriends)


Using small price tag labels with the strings taken out, I made tiles for each roof.


Choosing a slightly different pattern for each one.


The hole in the top is where the string was attached to each bird-house so it could be hung up, but I thought would make an excellent place to put a flag or such-like on each one.


Then they were painted up in different colours.


Tune in next time to see the finished results!


No comments:

Post a Comment