Sunday 27 September 2015

Sunflowers in all their Glory


At the start of the growing season this Spring, I bought a packet of mixed sunflower seeds that showed 8 different varieties that could flower and produce cut flowers for vases indoors. I planted all 8 and guarded them from slug attack. Although not all survived and /or flourished, those planted near the courgettes benefitted from the feed the courgettes had, and did magnificently.

Here they are:





It is certainly an experiment I will repeat again next year. I've not managed to get hold of a picture drawn by husband on his tablet devices to put on this page (he didn't manage to capture what he wanted so he hasn't posted any for me to re-direct you to. Oooh these arty types. You know the dangerous mix of arty temperaments and sunflowers).
Never mind. Enjoy what nature did with them.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment