Tuesday 16 June 2015

How Does Your Garden Grow?

As in the old nursery song:

Mary Mary Quite Contrary
How does your garden grow
with silver bells and cockle shells
and pretty maids all in a row.

I'm assuming they are flower names, 'cos otherwise its a an unusual mix of things to put in a garden.

A few blogs ago I showed you my deeply-dug good intentions, (http://socklet-world.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/gardening-essentials.html ) so now I thought I'd let you know how things are getting on in this incredibly dry spring (as I sit here typing my trouser-legs and sleeves are gently drying out from an attack from a wayward hosepipe while I watered!).


This is the new bit that I likened to a grave... now fully sprouting with onions, potatoes and a rhubarb (stage right). It's rather shady so the potatoes are leaning out over everything to reach more light.


In the background are two spindly beans and in the foreground the raspberries, which have been in for several years but this year seem to be happy and lush.


The replacement courgette (yellow) as 2 of the original greens have been slug-lunch already!


and the other onions, which seem to have decided to grow laying down to save energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment