Tuesday 23 June 2015

Giant Poppies as Big as Your Hand!

I'm not joking nor is it trick photography. About 16 years ago I bought a plastic bag with three white roots in a little soil from a garden trader at a market stall and every winter they die down to nothing and every spring they come up again and by the middle of June, flower with heads as big as your hand (or in my case, bigger).

Here is a photo of them with my hand so you can see


Standby for landing : bee approaching.


Close up the centre looks like some alien fairground ride.


You can play 'Spot the bee' with these two pics.


The bees come out covered in purple dust from the flower centre.
Soon there will be pods and seeds galore but they never seem to make any more bushes nearby... maybe that's why they sold me the roots to grow them from.

No comments:

Post a Comment