Wednesday 16 July 2014

Views of St Paul's Cathedral

While in London I went to see the outside of St Paul's but the queue was so long that I decided not to wait to go in. Here are some of the pictures around it that I did take...


I didn't realise the front even looked like this as all people ever talk about or show is the dome.


Huge pillars along the front entrance.


Sneaky tantalizing peeks of the building before I even got near it,


and eventually seeing the dome that is so famous. I think the sun shone rather unexpectedly at that moment and made it appear much cleaner than it usually looks!


Here's a quick atmospheric peek at the chapel near the entrance while  I was debating whether to go in. I'll go back in an off-peak season and try again I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment