Saturday 5 July 2014

Paris in a Box

You know when you intend to do something, get quite excited about doing it, collect the things you need together... and then don't get round to doing it? Until ages later?

Well this is what happened to this project and now I can't remember if I've shown it to you. I don't think so but forgive me if I'm repeating myself...or maybe you don't remember either!



I was given a box frame for my birthday last year by my sister, who knew I was planning to go to Paris for my half century! So while we were away I was hunting for things that could go in it to create a memory of the weekend. The box is about 1cm deep so things had to fit in that constraint.

Here it is with the postcard at the centre, the birthday candle (champagne bottle) and badge bottom left and the Tardis and Doctor Who cocktail sticks
http://socklet-world.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/dr-who-is-50-and-so-am-i.html
 that were on my 50th birthday cake.
http://socklet-world.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/dr-who-50-daleks-and-cakes.html

There are a couple of pieces of money and a concertina-ed mini map of the area we stayed in and a few shiny charms that were given me for scrapbooking but were too chunky.


The metal horse and the 2 china figures came form the flea market we visited on Sunday morning just before we came home on the Eurostar. The china figures were part of a mixed and odd collection of figures I bought and have plans to do little scenarios with so I'll keep you posted. These two were a Pierrot and an English business man by Big Ben.

On the roads and the bridge by the real Eiffel Tower you could buy little metal models of the Eiffel Tower in all colours of the rainbow on keyrings. The guys selling them were obviously not meant to be trading as, whenever an armed policeman came into view, they raced like an Olympic track event over the bridge in a mass of jangling merchandise till they were at a safe distance where they stopped, bent double to catch their breath and laugh till the coast was clear to return to their pitches.


No comments:

Post a Comment