Tuesday 17 June 2014

Matchbox Weaponry

I said I had an idea didn't I? One that had just leapt into my head and I'd keep you posted as to how I got on... well I've done it!

 I have made a small catapult (slingshot?) that fits into a matchbox!


I'm not saying you could make it exactly like this as my slingshot is made from a bit from a dead alarm clock that I took apart... everything from it will be useful eventually I'm sure, but you could still try it with the traditional
 Y-shaped stick.

I started with decorating the matchbox thus...


with my trusty Cropodile to make holes and set eyelets,


just to give it a slightly military, 'in the field' look.

Then tied a cut elastic band to each end of the Y-shaped metal and found relevant ammunition that can travel the distance but do no harm: NEVER let it be said that I'm dangerous!


And the final result...


What's the range? I hear you cry. Well I managed 3 metres, that's not bad for a fluffy pom pom! 

For previous miniature weapons look back a few pages or click on these:
http://socklet-world.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/miniature-bow-and-arrow.html
and
http://socklet-world.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/miniature-catapult.html


No comments:

Post a Comment