Wednesday 14 August 2013

Blackberry and Apple Crumble!

We LOVE blackberry and Apple crumble in our family, and the blackberries are ready at last!


These are a special crop we grow at the end of the garden (meaning I didn't chop them back when they started invading, and by the time I got round to it they had begun flowering, then I can't chop them cos I know they'll have fruit).

I had bought the cooking apples already to make an apple pie.

I love that colour when the two cook together and stain the wooden spoon.

The wonderfully sweet crumble mix (this time both dairy and gluten free as I am now both, but no one in the family minded or seemed to taste the difference).

And the finished article after baking. There was a moment of horror when I discovered I had no dairy-free custard, but luckily there was some fake ice-cream in the freezer so the day was saved!

Happy season of mellow fruitfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment