Friday 31 May 2013

Jack Sparrow alphabet: a different kind

I realise I have a bit of a fascination for alphabets, so let's have a bit of a splurge on some of the other ones I have done for today and tomorrow.
This was an earlier Jack Sparrow one I did (I love old looking books, mini books, books in general...).


                   For the front cover there's aged looking paper, beads of the sort Jack wears in his hair and a red wax seal with gold wax rubbed over it.



The inside papers are similarly aged and curls and scrolls added to whatever letters seem happy to take them.



Each page had a silver embossed seal with the relevant letter of the alphabet stamped, cut out and added, a set bought for me by a friend years ago and so curly and illegible I'd never known what to do with them, but this was perfect. The pictures this time look a little more colourful but were in fact printed black and white then details were tinted in chalks.

No comments:

Post a Comment