Tuesday 23 April 2013

Melody Malone, Amelia Williams et al.

I love books! I love looking at books, reading books, listening to them, finding them in episodes of Dr Who, giant ones in Pirates of the Caribbean and tiny ones that fit in a matchbox. So combining at least 2 of the above... here are mini books I made yesterday from Dr Who.


They all have tiny spines and pages, and the covers are shrunk from the
 images on the internet. It would be awesome (and creepy) if I woke one morning and found the words in them in miniature print!



I copied, pasted, shrank, printed and cut round the little cover images. Then I stuck card on the back the same size as the cover image: front back and spine pieces. I cut off the corners and folded the edge pieces round tightly and glued them.



 Then I cut and sewed pages to go in the centre, glued the front and back pages to the inner front and back cover and then generally bent the book around a little to make it less stiff.



Result: 4 books from a miniature Whovian library... each about the size of a 50p piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment