Saturday 9 April 2016

Marmite on the Mantelpiece

It is Spring!
That means the sun shines more brightly (at times) and shows up the dust and clutter (perpetually) and I feel the need for a clear out and a rearrange.



All the beloved Marmite jars came down for a dust and then got given a new home in pride of place on the mantelpiece above the fireplace.



The central one on top is an old one from the late 70's early 80's that I found in a box of old tins I had collected in my youth. it still had the metal lid! The garland across the front is the one I blogged about making on my summer holiday last year
http://socklet-world.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/marmite-daisy-chain.html
and  where you can still see the original (and much smaller) Marmite collection before we hunted the house down to locate all these beauties and gather them together.

By the way, did you know the Marmarati are on the move again? I had the email! Exciting things may be afoot!


No comments:

Post a Comment