Wednesday 6 April 2016

Crafting with Circuit Boards 2: Cute Robots

I'll start with a WARNING for safety's sake:

Some components on a circuit board can be dangerous and contain a liquid or paste that can burn skin. These are the capacitors (sometimes shaped like a small cylinder (like on the robots below)and sometimes not. In a camera battery they can be black, not cylindrical and deliver a vicious electric shock, I'm told, so don't mess with them.

If in doubt,  leave well alone.

I only found out the above information when halfway through when I texted someone to ask, and the final warning a day later when showing them to someone.

Warning over, here are the bits I used




 here are the resulting robots



The box they are in was an old wooden container that had come with craft supplies in, and I can never get rid of an interesting box.


So I took the photograph of the circuit board, printed it out and used it to cover the box, home from home for the little robots.


When they are all together, my daughter reckons they look like tiny robot students in their party house at Robot Uni.


The other bits and pieces to make the scene were not from the circuit board, but just found or acquired rubbish I keep in a box for making  whatever needs robot/ steam-punkish embellishment.





For a sense of scale, I suppose each robot is just taller than a 50p piece.





No comments:

Post a Comment