Monday 6 July 2015

Growing Up

I bet you're wondering how the veg plot is getting on....

Oh well, I'll show you anyway ( I drag my husband down there every few weeks and tell him he has to make appreciative noises even though I know he has no real interest... until the food is ready to eat that is).


This is the mutant raspberry bush that is meant to grow yellow fruits but is reverting back to red so is growing both on the same stem at the moment.


A courgette flower (supposedly tasty dipped in batter and deep fried, but then I'd get no courgettes).


Dastardly aphid attack on my runner beans!


Weird little strawberries that have sewn themselves, are made of just multiple pips and water, and which taste so disgusting even the slugs won't eat them!




A bird's eye view of the tomato plants (although I'd like the birds to keep their eyes and beaks out of there).


And some very promising tomato flowers.

It's a remarkably dry spring here so lots of watering is required to ward of death and splitting of fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment