Wednesday 3 September 2014

Cake Bunting

Bunting has been very 'in' for quite a while now. 

This seems to be one of the latest developments for the fashion: cake bunting!


It's the same shape as ordinary bunting, just in miniature to fit on a cake.


I'd seen a packet of it in Paperchase and thought I'd have a go myself for my sister's birthday cake. The bunting itself was easy enough to make: find paper with a small pattern, fold it over in a long thin strip so that when you cut a triangle you actually cut a diamond folded in half. Then glue the folded diamond over a long piece of cotton with trimmed barbecue sticks every so often...


The tricky bit was not knowing the size the cake would be (as I hadn't made it) so I left the string bits a little too long between the sticks.


It still looked pretty and delicate, but my advice would be... make the cake first then make the bunting to fit the size of the cake (and make sure you don't set fire to it along with the candles of course!!).


No comments:

Post a Comment