Thursday 23 February 2017

Sketching in Gold

As you know, I try out most arty things for a while, even if I don't carry them on into a full blown hobby.  Recently, husband and I have watched quite a few drawing/ panting programmes on Sky Arts (Portrait Artist of the Year, Landscape Artist etc) and he draws all the time, so I have been doing some sketching too. 

I'm not very patient to be at it for long, or very proficient, but have enjoyed these, using a gold marker on black paper.






These are all drawn in a cafe. It feels a bit odd drawing people who don't know know you're doing it but its not like I'm taking their photo. I'm not so good a draw-er that they could recognise themselves anyway.

There are two different gold pens, so that's where the highlights come from.

No comments:

Post a Comment